Thursday, February 19, 2015

BACKSTAGE AT CAROLINA HERRERA FALL 2015 RTW WITH SK-II

Our day starts early. Up at 5:00 am, followed by a quick shower, hair, make up and some serious layering to avoid getting a frost bite on the way to the show. We walk into the backstage area at 7:15 and much to our surprise everything is calm. Few of the models are already here and getting their hair done. We indulge in some pastries and slowly sip our coffees, as the feeling finally returns to our fingers and frost bitten faces. The make up team arrives shortly thereafter and immediately starts prepping models for make up. 

Apparently I am not the only one whose skin didn't exactly react well to New York's harsh temperatures. Models are human too, after all. And since flawless skin is in, the make up team begins with SK-II Facial Treatment Mask, applied to the face for about 15 minutes to replenish moisture, improve texture and make the skin look radiant. 



By 8:00 am, the backstage area is positively buzzing. Most of the models are already here, getting their hair, nails and make up done. The media is setting up for interviews with Carolina Herrera and celebrity attendees, including Ivanka Trump, Dianna Agron and Olivia Palermo and the collection is finally out of the garment bags. I completely lose track of time and spend the next 20 or so minutes marveling at the beautiful dresses and separates. As I examine each and every piece, I struggle to select a favorite simply because they are all beyond gorgeous. Marbled patterns and rich textures, water-inspired hues of blue and grey and of course beautiful structures and tailoring. I am awakened from my dream because it's time for my skincare consultation. 








Since I have been pretty vocal about the fact that my skin turned into a completely dry and flaky mess after spending a few days in New York, I meet with Winnie Lui from SK-II to discuss what can be done to save face. Literally! The good news, the face can be saved! So, I smile happily and I await with eagerness to try a few of Winnie's recommendation, such as SK-II Facial Treatment Essence to gently exfoliate and refine the texture of the skin, SK-II Facial Treatment Essence Eye to lighten dark circles ( evidence of a few recent late nights ) and SK-II Facial Treatment Mask because I too want really radiant skin! 



After my consultation, I go back to backstage ( kinda fun to say... back to backstage ) and find absolutely beautiful craziness you expect to see before a show during Fashion Week. Cameras are flashing, interviews are in full swing, models are getting dressed, as make up and hair crew puts final touches on their looks. In a few minutes, the models start lining up and I proceed to the Theater to take my seat. 


















What comes next? Well, what comes next is my favorite part! The lights go down and the show begins! In complete contrast to the wonderfully crazy backstage, the show is immaculate and pristine. My beloved Karlie Kloss opens and ends the show, her last dress being my absolute favorite. 




As I exit the Theater, I find myself wishing I could linger backstage a little longer but of course I can't because Tommy Hilfiger is up next and I am already late! Oh, well! That's Fashion Week!:)

Photography by Lydia Hudgens


CH by Carolina Herrera pants & Samba Collection Maysa bag, sunglasses c/o | Stella McCartney black Britt shoes | Elodie K rings 


No comments:

Post a Comment